FILTER PRODUCTS: TUNEABLE FILTERS:
Fast Tune Notch Filters
TDS FAST TUNE NOTCH PRODUCTS At-A-Glance
- Modules for both S and X band coverage
- Dual, independently controlled notches
- Fast tuning speed (<250ns)
- High rejection level
- Low loss in all pass state
ESM sensors need protection from high-level, long pulse and frequency-agile radars.
Teledyne Defence & Space’s (TDS) range of fast tune notch filters (FTNF) have been designed to protect Electronic Support Measures (ESM) receivers from high duty cycle, frequency agile interference produced by on board (or cohort) combat radar systems. ESM sensors need protection from high-level frequency-agile radars.
Another application applies to Radar systems that are influenced by interferance signals degrade the receivers dynamic range. Some common, less desirable, currently used mitigating techniques include:
- Synchronous blanking of the ESM sensor
- Probability of intercept of the ESM receiver is compromised when operating near a high duty cycle radar
- Multiple emitters on the same platform compound the problem
- Front-end filtering of the radar pulses in the ESM sensor
- Band-stop filters leave ”holes” in ESM sensor spectral coverage
- YIG tuned filters are too slow to keep up with modern agile radar
TDS’s FTNF can track the emitter’s transmissions at its agility rate, ensuring that the ESM sensor’s Probability of Intercept is maintained at an acceptable level.
New Developments. Filter on a chip.
TDS is also working on a MMIC version on a 3mm x 3mm die, that has the additional ability to sniff the rejected signal to determine if it's still present. The current development design operates in X-Band with a 2-20GHz passband and rejection of approx. 40MHz inside a 1.5GHz window at X-band.
Please contact us if you are interested in our current development cycle for this product. firstname.lastname@example.org